Thursday, February 11, 2010

From adversity comes healing through art

My week began beautifully after a great sunny weekend.  Yet, the unexpected curves in the road sometimes bring you right up to a challenge or obstacle before you have time to think.  For me it was having my laptop literally yanked from my lap and hands as I was sitting enjoying the sun and working on an email.  The attack wasn't expected of course and it leaves you feeling pretty low.  I was not hurt and though it made some problems for me at work, the computer is less important than my well being.  With that said, I stayed home from work and began regrouping with some art work.  I woke up and decided that I needed to be creative and get myself back to a centered way of looking at life and move forward, so I started working on valentine gifties for my colleagues and I also worked in my art journal. I cooked food from scratch and played with the cat.   No pics yet, but I hope to have some to post tomorrow if not Saturday.  There is a quote - which I can't remember who said it and the exact wording but it goes like this:
Forgive but don't forget.  If one forgets, one loses the lesson.   The lesson: being more aware of my surroundings.  Also, from adversity there comes a strengthening of the fibers and forgiving prevents me from stewing as I am sure they (my band of terrorists - there were 8 to 10 of them ) think I am doing.  I won't let them still my Joy.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment