Sunday, January 17, 2010

Inspired

I am inspired by:

The natural colors of linen and natural fibers http://mci.blogs.marieclaireidees.com.

They remind me of a quiet morning on a winter's day and yet the crisp coolness we seek on a hot summer's day.  I have been living in my condo for two years and never did anything to personalize it - decorate it.  I have just been living in it, filling it to the rafters and now overwhelmed by the lack of space, too much stuff and just uninspiring to be in.  So, new year, new plans and new hope.  1st order of business - wreck and order - weed the garden of my groaning shelves, drawers, closets and cabinets.  2nd order of business - review my idea board I started last year for decorating the house.


Greys, neutral cool and warm colors keep showing up as my palette with hints of bright colors. I also like dark colors - rich and creamy.  I have an eclectic nature in that I love vintage and modern together.  I love the mix of shabby chic with Parisian urban styling.  I like mercury-like glass, china, sliver and pewter, dark woods and black painted furniture.  Yep, eclectic.    Now, how to achieve all this...on a shoe string?  DIY - most definitely on painting and crafting soft furnishings.


 
 

All of this will take some time and probably the whole year to complete but it will be a work in progress - an artistic endeavor and hopefully I will love it.  I am the worst about making decisions about colors on my walls.  I know what I want but will it look good?  Friends say - "You won't know until you get it up there and heck you paint over it if you don't like it."  Keep your fingers crossed.
 

2 comments:

  1. Angela,
    It was by pure chance that I found this and you! In reading over your words I kept nodding in agreement and thinking 'gosh! that sounds so like what is in my head at the moment!' "A New Year and a New Me" resonated within me as I too begin to make decisions that will change the direction of my life - both personally and career wise. I hope that your path is an easy one and I would very much like to keep in touch now and then and will follow your endeavors with interest.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris - welcome to my blog. I hope you visit often. I have another one - www.lachatelainechocolat.blogspot.com Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete