Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  Best wishes in 2013!

Dear Readers, I can't complain about 2012 too much.  I am alive and well.  Employed and enjoying friends and family.  As I reflect on the year, I realize that I have made some small steps towards building a creative life.  Though I am not where I would like to be, I am so grateful for what I have been able to accomplish and the feedback that I have gotten from so many of you over the year.  With positive intent, I plan to:

1. Simplify, simplify AND Simplify my life style even more.
2. Be creative everyday in all aspects of my life.
3. With the trouble in our world, be the hope and love I want to see in the world around me and beyond.

Three simple things to build my capacity to the best person I can be no matter what life curve balls are sent to me along the way.

If 2012 was a trial and error year, I look forward to 2013 to be the beginning of my creative journey in the direction I wish to travel.  In reflection, I am happiest when I am sewing, drawing or crafting.  I have fought this for years.  Somehow I got it into my head that being an artist means painting or sculpting or photography - that it means being like Monet, Georgia O'Keefe or Rembrandt.  Alas, I finally figured out I was wrong.  Through this community of creative people in blogsphere, discovering resources like Somerset Magazines, Mollie Makes and other magazines that promote creativity in all its forms I have finally owed my love of the stitch, the wash of watercolors, the stamp of ink and the hot glue sticking it all together.  Now, armed with that ownership I hope to:

1.  Build my capacity as an artist through textile and paper mediums.
2.  Be more bold about sharing my work and not be afraid of feedback.

Two very direct and simple things to do to keep my journey going forward.  So, I hope to post more frequently to share and get feedback from you all.  I hope that 2013 is a year of creative wows and thrills for you and yours.

Cheers!  And Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment