Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Go Mom!


I want to congratulate my Mom! She entered the annual TALB show in Richmond and although she didn't win the award for the show she was in the front of the gallery instead of at the back, in the corner, in the dark. I am really proud of her. My Mom retired way back in 1987 and though it took a while she finally got back to her desire to be an artist. Here it is 2009 and she has produced a lot of work, sold many paintings and is so happy. My Mom has always been creative. As a kindergarten teacher you have to have a lot of creativity to build the capacity to learn in small children. She was also creative in our home with holiday projects and all. Like many of us, she put her much of her creative energy into her job, her family and home. This was great for us since we all inherited her joy of being creative. But, she never really fed her soul - her spirit. In any case, she is now enjoying her work and it is fun to talk to her about her art and the processes she goes through to get where she wants to go. I am really proud of her. Congratualtions Mom! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to mom! I think her painting is beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love art too and I try to incorporate it into my teachings as well. I'd LOVE to get into illustration some day.

    ReplyDelete